The team feature is designed for administrators to add team members. Team members can be added two types of roles, admin and employee. Team members are invited by sending them invitations via email. Admin can perform any task on the platform. Employees can perform any task on the platform, except confirming payouts and withdrawing funds. They do not have access to invite additional team members. This feature is suitable of organizations that allows delegate responsibility.
How to use Team #
How to access #
To access the “Team” feature, log in to the merchant.clickpesa.com platform. Navigate to the “Settings” tab and select the “Team” tab.
How to add a team member #
- Click on the “Add Team Member” button.
- Fill in the required fields to send an invitation to the team member.
- The team member will receive an email with an invitation link.
- Upon clicking the link, they set a password to join the platform as a team member.
- The team member follows the standard platform onboarding process as prompted. They won’t have to submit any document but will start right away with login process.
- To deactivate team member account, on the same team tab on settings there is a list of all team members after they are added, On action column there is a button to deactivate individual account.
Tips and Best Practices #
- It is recommended to setup general settings before using any of the payment or payout features.
Common Use Cases #
- External Accountants Collaborate with accountants by adding them as team members. Accountants can assist in managing financial records, but administrators retain control over authorizing payouts and fund withdrawals.
- Administration, Bookkeepers and other staff members Collaborate with staff members to share data and do actions without giving them access to initiate payouts and withdrawals.