The Single Payout feature provides a straightforward way to initiate individual payouts to recipients, making it convenient for organizations to disburse funds as needed. This method is ideal for scenarios where you need to make one-time payments to specific recipients.
The bulk payouts feature has the following benefits for organizations:
- Simplicity: Easily initiate individual payouts without the need for batch files.
- Real-time Control: Make on-the-spot payments when necessary.
- Flexibility: Suitable for one-time or occasional transactions.
- Enhanced Record-Keeping: A centralized system offers a more transparent audit trail, aligning businesses better with accounting and auditing standards. Make your accountant and auditor happy. Also there is the option to enhance each payout with a note to ensure clarity in financial communication and facilitate smoother reconciliation.
- Immediate Notifications: Recipients receive notifications upon successful transactions.
How to Access and Configure #
To access the bulk payout feature, visit merchant.clickpesa.com, login with your account and navigate to the “Payout” menu item.
In order to be able to make a single payout make sure you have enough balance on your account.
Initiating a Single Payout
On a Payout page, A ‘Create Payout` button will appear on top right conner. Upon clicking it, a drawer will open with one field to fill, ‘Send Via’ which allows you to select between BANK or MOBILE MONEY.
Selecting BANK or MOBILE MONEY, will show other fields related to selected option explained below.
What are the payout details?
The following are the fields you will find when doing single payout for BANK channel
Minimum: 2,500 TZS
Maximum: 20,000,000 TZS
Minimum: 11,900 TZS
Maximum: 1,000,000,000.00 TZS
|Transfer Type||ACH or RTGS||ACH|
|Bank Name||BANK NAME||AMANA BANK LIMITED|
|Account Name||Name of the BANK ACCOUNT||John Doe|
- ACH (EFT)
The withdrawal is settled within T+1.
- RTGS (TISS)
The withdrawal is settled within the same day.
After filling in those details, there will be an option or a button to add note to recipient. This note includes Mobile Number, Email and Message and they are optional. Filling in these fields will ensure Recipient receives notification via Email or SMS upon successfully payout.
The following are the fields you will find when doing single payout for MOBILE MONEY channel
Minimum: 2,500 TZS
Maximum: 5,000,000.00 TZS
|Mobile Network Name||MOBILE MONEY PROVIDER NAME||TIGO PESA|
|Mobile Network Account Name||Name of the MOBILE MONEY WALLET||John Doe|
|Account Number||Phone Number (format 12 digits including 255 and no 0)||255789101219|
After filling in those details, there will be an option or a button to add note to recipient. This note includes Email and Message and they are optional. Filling in these fields will ensure Recipient receives notification via Email or SMS upon successfully payout.
Note: The notification will be delivered to recipient will be delivered using default language you have set on General settings.
These are the mobile money receiving channels we support, make sure to use this names mentioned in this list when creating your payout file.
|Mobile Money Provider Names|
These are the bank receiving channels we support, make sure to use this names mentioned in this list when creating your payout file.
|ABSA BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|AKIBA COMMERCIAL BANK PLC|
|AMANA BANK LIMITED|
|BANCABC TANZANIA LIMITED|
|BANK OF AFRICA TANZANIA LIMITED|
|BANK OF BARODA TANZANIA LIMITED|
|BANK OF INDIA TANZANIA LIMITED|
|CANARA BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|CHINA DASHENG BANK LIMITED|
|CITIBANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|CRDB BANK PLC|
|DCB COMMERCIAL BANK PLC|
|DTB TANZANIA PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY|
|ECOBANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|EQUITY BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|EXIM BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|GT BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|HABIB AFRICAN BANK LIMITED|
|I&M BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK TANZANIA LTD|
|KCB BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|MKOMBOZI COMMERCIAL BANK PLC|
|MWALIMU COMMERCIAL BANK PLC|
|MWANGA HAKIKA BANK LTD|
|NCBA BANK TANZANIA LIMITED|
|NMB BANK PLC|
|PEOPLES BANK OF ZANZIBAR LIMITED|
|STANBIC BANK TANZANIA LTD|
|STANDARD CHARTERED BANK TANZANIA LTD|
|TANZANIA COMMERCIAL BANK PLC|
|UBA TANZANIA LIMITED|
Notifications are sent to beneficiary when payout is initiated using merchant default language which can be set here.
Once payout is successfully initiated to beneficiary you will receive notification in your merchant dashboard and email.
If payout fails for any reason and is refunded or reversed you will receive notification via your merchant dashboard and email. Learn more about notifications here
Fee configurations #
You can set up who is the fee bearer between you and recipient or both on Payout Settings.
What will this mean on the payouts?
- If fee is on you, the fee will be added on top of the amount you’ve entered and the recipient will receive the exact amount you provided (You will be charged the whole fee)
- If fee is on beneficiary, The fee will be deducted from the amount you’ve entered and the recipient will receive amount minus fee (Recipient will be charged the whole fee)
- If fee is on both, Half of the fee will be added on top of the amount you’ve entered (you will be charged half of the fee). Recipient will receive Amount minus half of the fee (recipient will be charged half of the fee).
Click here to learn more about how we charge fees
How to create single payout #
- On a Payout page, A ‘Create Payout` button will appear on top right conner. Upon clicking it, a drawer will open with one field to fill, ‘Send Via’ which allows you to select between BANK or MOBILE MONEY.
- Fill in details per method selected. Find explanation here on what details to fill on those fields
- Click Next Button to see the summary of the details before submitting them.
- If everything is correct, Click Pay button to initiate the payout.
- Once payout is successful initiated you will receive notification via email or your dashboard.
How to view single payouts #
- On a Payout page, it contains the summary and table of all single payouts.
- To view single payout,
- In the payouts table, locate the payout you wish to view. On the far right of its row, click the “View” button.
- A drawer will appear on the right, showcasing detailed information about the selected payout.
- To export payouts,
- In the Payouts Table, locate and click the “Export” button at the far right.
- The exported file will look like the one below:
Common Use Cases #
Single payouts are ideal for various scenarios, such as:
- Paying a one-time bonus to an employee.
- Disbursing funds to a specific supplier or contractor.
- Making individual payments to clients or partners on an as-needed basis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #
- Can I use ClickPesa for single payouts if my customers do not have ClickPesa accounts?
- Yes, your customers or recipients do not need ClickPesa accounts to receive single payouts. ClickPesa disburses to existing bank accounts and mobile money wallets.
- What happens if I make a mistake and send a payment to the wrong recipient using ClickPesa’s Single Payout feature?
- It’s important to ensure that recipient details are accurate when initiating a single payout. If the details are incorrect, the transaction may fail, and the funds will be returned to your ClickPesa account. This process may take a few days.
- Can I track the details of the single payouts I’ve made using ClickPesa?
- Yes, you can view transaction details, including amounts and recipients, under the “Transaction” section of your ClickPesa account. There is also an option to export transaction data for your records.